1. Search for specific phrases within quotation marks (“”). This way, Google will only return results with your exact phrase in them.
2. Remove certain terms or phrases with a dash/minus (-). This will remove these words from your search.
3. Add a tilde (~) to your keyword to include the keyword AND synonyms of that keyword.
4. Add “site:” followed by a website and keyword to your search to search that keyword only within a specific website.
5. Find out who is linking to any given website with “link:” This is great when you’re doing additional research or looking to improve your search engine optimization (SEO).
6. Search within a specific time frame with two periods (..). This can help you narrow down search results to the most timely.
7. Use “related:” to search for terms or websites that are similar to the one you’re already searching for.
Small Business Trends, 5/17/2019